At Ionic we are passionate about IT, we are good with people and care about helping their businesses. Due to rapid expansion, we are now looking for (L1) IT Support Engineers. If you’ve got the ambition, expertise and passion that our team prides itself on, apply now.
Ionic deliver next-gen fully managed IT support, consultancy, and services to hundreds of businesses throughout the UK and Ireland. We pride ourselves on making day-to-day work easier, more transparent, and efficient for our clients. Since 2008 we’ve evolved and grown, we’ve built a market-leading offering and continue to keep innovating and engaging with clients at a rapid pace.
At ionic our clients and employees come first. The best partnerships are formed by working with people who share your values. At ionic, it’s our values that bond us together. We believe that together we can enable businesses to harness the power of technology so they can achieve their true potential.
Achieve your true potential at ionic. Our team is characterised by Collaboration, Dedication, Conversation, Innovation and Passion. If you share our excitement and want to carve a successful career where progression is key and there are no limits, we want to hear from you.
Working as a member of ionic’s Managed Services Team, engineers will provide 1st line technical support across a wide range of local, wide area and cloud network technologies. Successful candidates must have previous experience working in an internal IT or MSP environment and be highly self–motivated and productive individuals with effective time management skills.
Successful candidates must be passionate about IT, dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and ambitious to flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. They should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership and ingenuity to excel at this position. Working at ionic brings the opportunity to take your career to the next level and upskill yourself through on–the–job training to achieve fully funded certifications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide efficient and effective customer service to end-users and other stakeholders
- Act as the first point of contact for technical service requests to our wide client base
- Log and maintain chronological details throughout a service ticket lifecycle
- Provide 1st line diagnosis and resolution with a high level of first-time fixes
- Respond appropriately to more complex problems through escalation
- Prioritise and manage your workload to ensure client SLAs are met
- Write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in terms that non-technical people can understand
- Complete internal and external training to progress skills, knowledge and expertise
- 2+ years of professional experience in an internal IT team or MSP environment
- Experience supporting and administering the latest Microsoft technologies such as Microsoft Office 365
- The ability to build, configure, administer, and support all versions of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS with an active interest in other networking elements such as VLAN’s, Firewall’s and WiFi
- Evidence of continued professional development with the view to progression in the role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- A+, Network+, MCSE, and other technical certifications preferred
- Experience of using or working with the following vendors, Microsoft, Acronis Cyber Protect, Fortinet, Kaspersky, ConnectWise, IT Glue
- Comfortable working with mission-critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively, and independently
- Motivated self-starter personality; able to work independently while maintaining patience with the constant interruptions
- Due to the high visibility of this position, excellent written, verbal and phone communications skills are highly desired
- Security clearance (CTC, SC or eSC)
- Physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 15 kg. for duties such as unpacking PC’s, laptops, servers, and rack-mounting equipment, prior to installation
- Willing to work extended hours and overtime as required
- Flexible to work a monthly shift pattern to provide emergency support
- Valid and clean UK driving licence
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Company Pension
- Free Healthcare
- Free Gym Membership
- 28 Holidays + Your Birthday off each year (plus bonus days!)
- Fully Funded training certifications (We value continuous growth!)
- Company Culture and Team building events during the year
- A cool office where you can enjoy doing your best work
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Laptop and mobile if required
- Free Parking
- 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
- £20-25k Salary commensurate with experience